What are the Benefits?
Exercising in nature has been clinically proven to boost your mood. Nordic walking uses 90% of your muscles and can burn more calories than running. The poles help propel you along, so you can still have a conversation. I love it because it’s sociable and keeps you fit.”
The physical benefits of Nordic Walking include:
* Tones the upper and lower body
* Use 90% of skeletal muscles
* Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
* Reduces pressure on the knees and joints
* Tones the waist and arms too, using the poles means that you are engaging your core and arms as well as your legs.
* Great for posture, the Nordic Walking technique has a strong focus on posture.
* Great for cardiovascular health
* Poles help propel the walker, so making walking feel easier